Can I convert my bankruptcy?

Chapter 13 cases can be converted to Chapter 7 cases. If you are in a chapter 13 case, and have second thoughts about staying in it, you can ask your attorney, or a different attorney, about converting the case to a Chapter 7 case. Your Chapter 13 attorney might not want to help you convert the case because he often will lose his fee if the case is converted early into the case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *